Thursday, March 29, 2007

March 29, 2007

Los Barriles, MX (map)

Doin’ it in the dirt…

The day began normally enough, with a sunrise walk on the beach. Soon thereafter, things changed radically as about 23 geezers spent a half-day 4- wheeling on ATVs. The highlight of the day was a trip up an arroyo where a meager river was trickling through the sandy bottom. We enjoyed ourselves immensely, turning back the chronological clock and just acting crazy.


I managed to get thrown off of my ATV while performing a high speed donut maneuver. I went one way and the ATV went another and nearly rolled over. Janice was in close proximity and shared in the experience as my life passed before my eyes. Shoulder is sore, but I am fortunate that they didn’t have to haul me out of there on a donkey. It was a minor miracle that none of us sustained any serious injuries, as we were all cavorting at top speed.

For serious amusement, click on this link.


Be patient—it takes a few seconds to load.

Upon return to camp, I took a couple of benadryl for a runny nose that was pouring like a faucet. The result is a slight pharmaceutical buzz. Glad we aren’t driving today.

Tonight’s activities include a fish dinner at a local bistro. Our fishermen got lucky again yesterday (54 yellow-tail tuna and one dorado), so the restaurant will be preparing it for us. (Yum, yum, and how about a margarita for this shoulder?) Tomorrow we head for Cabo San Lucas.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great riding, Janice!! Nice that it was in that little creek to keep the dust down, eh? Maybe one of these days I'll give it a try on our John Deere--I'm still a little leery of taking it out of low gear. -Mya

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home